CHOOSING A CAREER IN 2020
What if you are a high school senior, just graduated from high school, university, enrolled in college , currently working, unemployed or recently changed jobs?
Imagine after all of that you are still not sure what career you want to persue. Wow! You better think carefully about it because this is a critical decision that will affect the rest of your life and the people around you.
Look into yourself , find out what defines you and what makes you happy. Then interview yourself, get to know yourself well. Reflect on your childhood ,the things you enjoyed and continue to do the good things you enjoy.
Listen to what others say about you BUT do not just jump and believe the negative stuff, don't get depressed about it, instead find out the truth and improve yourself.
Find out about what you really want out of life or in life. Get to know your sense of purpose or what you are passionate about and make notes.
Stay focused on your core beliefs, values, dreams and goals. Make a list of all the things you would like to achieve.
Rather than folllowing the opinions of family, friends, neighbours , colleagues or peers try to find ways to determine how you feel personally about issues and priorities.
Surround yourself with people who have your best interest at heart who also allow you to grow.
Find Out More About Yourself: Do Personality Tests or Quizzes
- Are you a people person?
- Do you like helping people?
- Do you like communicating with people?
- Are you shy or outspoken?
- Do you have good problem solving or analytical skills?
- Do you prefer speaking, reading, writing, listening or watching?
- Do you work well with others as a team?
- Do you enjoy working by yourself?
- Do you prefer to work supervised or unsupervised?
- Do you like to wake up early or late in the morning?
- Do you prefer to stand or to sit for long hours?
- Do you prefer a quiet or noisy environment?
- Do you prefer working on land , sea or in the air?
- Do you like working with computers, money, paper,food, clothing, jewelry, buildings, machinery, chemicals or living things?
- Do you prefer long or short working hours?
- Do you like regular office hours or shifts?
- Do you prefer morning, evening or night shift?
- Do you prefer hourly, daily,weekly, fortnightly or monthly pay?
- Do you get bored easily?
- Which job is most popular among your family members?
- Do you want to be different?
- What makes you special or stand out?
- What are your talents?
- What are your skills?
- Are you an introvert or extrovert?
- Can you still focus on work even when you are hungry?
- Do you mind taking work home if you have to?
- Do you prefer a small office or large organisation?
- Are you more comfortable in office attire, casual wear or uniform?
- Do you like travelling in and around your country or out of the country?
- Do you like working for people?
- Do you want to own a business?
- Do you want to work in the government or private sector?
- What are the top 100 Jobs listed for 2018?
- Which jobs are essential today?
- List the 10 ten jobs you definitely don’t want to do.
- List the top 10 jobs you like that you think would best fit your personality.
- Write down the advantages,disadvantages and average salary of each job listed.